So Cameron Diaz and Colin Firth were at my local last night.
First of all I nearly ran Colin over when I pulled up to the entrance - in fact I was getting rather annoyed with him and his male companion because they wouldn't move out of the way quick enough. Then I realised it was Mr Darcy and of course everything was forgiven, though I did get a rather apprehensive glance from him. When we reached the bar, we heard hushed excitement as Ms Diaz and friends were ushered through the back entrance and straight to a table tucked away in the corner, where Colin and the unidentifiable companion were already waiting. The whole pub was buzzing with nerves and whispers, as a crowd of rich, tipsy women-of-a-certain-age tried to see where the A-listers were sat. The best line of the night was a comment made by some well-to-do yummy mummy, when she started leaning over our table for a gander with her toff of a husband. She glanced over at Cameron, whose back was facing us and said in a very unsubtle and embarrassingly loud voice: 'Ooh is that her? Oh God, her highlights are awful. Don't you think darling? She really needs her highlights doing. She must be in character. Yes that's probably why.'
Word got around very quickly that these celebs had graced us with their presence - I definitely, and quite unashamedly, Facebook'ed the sighting as soon as it happened, and not long after everyone else was sending texts and making phone calls to report the news. I had never seen the place so busy. In amongst all the bustle one of the waitresses came out to speak to us and said Cameron had just gone to the toilet. I joked to my brother about suddenly needing the loo myself. But just as I was laughing at the idea of 'the awkward moment when you're peeing in the cubicle next to Cameron Bloody Diaz', out of the corner of my eye, I saw a woman glance at me and suddenly rush in the direction of the toilet. The cheeky bugger grabbed her friends and practically barricaded Cameron in. I think C.D handled the whole thing very well, clearly having made conversation with them all, because when she left she said a very chirpy goodbye to the three star-struck women.
At 11:45pm both actors strolled out of the front door very casually as their Mercedes convoy pulled up. The body guards piled into the cars while Cameron said a fond "see you tomorrow!" to Colin and kissed him on both cheeks. Then both actors climbed into their separate cars and drove off, ready for the next day of filming.
1 comment:
I am eternally jealous. This is pure dead 100% awesome. xx
Post a Comment